We’re finishing up building that upper body strength with 100 push-ups per day. I think it’s time for a little lower body action!
Why Take the 30-Day Lower Body/Booty Fitness Challenge?
I’m sure you’ve all heard of “the squat challenge” by now, there are a zillion versions of them out there that usually have you doing a different number of body weight squats per day.
That simply wouldn’t do for Teresa Marie’s 30 Day Challenge! We need things to be a whole lot more fun, interesting and original here. We’ve selected 5 body weight exercises that are excuse and barrier-free and anything but boring.
They should challenge you, which should then of course, change you! Get ready for leaner, stronger and firmer legs in March and beyond!
What exactly does the 30-Day Lower Body Challenge involve?
Not Familiar with all the 30-Day Lower Body Challenge Exercises?
Watch this 90 second video featuring sweet tunes and yours truly (me!) demonstrating the very basics of the exercises. Then for specific instruction on how to do each exactly correct, be sure to subscribe to Stacy’s YouTube Channel and she will post and share video tutorials for each individual move.
Does this 30-Day Lower Body Challenge sound too easy? Trust me, it’s not.
I also encourage you to try it first, then decide. These simple moves are excuse and barrier free, but not to be mistaken for easy. And rest assure, it will get tougher throughout the month as we increase reps.
But for now, start with the number of sets that challenges you and add from there. We all come into these challenges with different levels of fitness and the only thing we have in common, is that we are all stronger when we finish!
Meet Stacy – Co-Creator of the Lower Body Challenge
I’ve been designing original 30-Day Challenges for almost four years now. Sometimes I collaborate with a local fitness professional to bring in fresh ideas and a different perspective.
Plus, it’s always fun to have a buddy around. This lower body challenge was designed Stacy, from Stacy’s Fitness. She has owned and operated her own personal training studio here in San Diego for well over a decade. She is a fitness competitor and model and truly, quite a talented personal trainer. Together we picked out these 5 moves that will target different areas of your lower half.
The Fine Print for the 30-Day Lower Body Challenge:
- You do not have to do all reps of each move at the same time. You should break them up throughout the day. As you get stronger each week, you can increase the reps per set and decrease the total sets.
- Be sure to use proper form and alignment to maximize results and prevent injury. Be smart! Break up the reps into sets of 5, 10, 15 — whatever makes sense for your current level of fitness. You are responsible for your own health, so push yourself for improvement but not so far that you hurt yourself! Safety is key.
- These exercises will strengthen and tone the major muscles of your lower body. You will still want to incorporate cardio vascular exercise a minimum of 21 minutes per day, 6 times per week to maximize results of this challenge and abide by the 4th Universal Diet Truth of my Clean and Colorful Concept.
- At the beginning of the month you will record weight and basic measurements. At the end of the month, you will do the same thing to measure your progress.
- Using your tracker, check off the days as you complete the activities and record the number of reps per set so you can measure improvement over time.
- The challenge calls for daily activity — this is your call. Feel free to alternate every other day, or designate one day a week to rest if that is what your body is asking for.
- And as with any and all 30 Day Challenges, be sure to check with your doctor before you start any new exercise regimen.
Get started on the 30-Day Lower Body Challenge?
- Like the Teresa Marie Wellness on Facebook now and join the private coaching group for daily reminders and accountability.
- Get access to all the trackers by joining the community here. If you have already signed up, then at the end of every month, you automatically receive a newsletter with all the links to the trackers. If it’s MIA, check your spam, especially if you have Gmail.
- Mark your personal calendar, because your challenge starts Wednesday, November 1st!
Don’t forget to sign up and get your fun tracker!
Be Smart. Be Safe. Have Fun. Get FIT!
Teresa Marie Howes, BS, CPT, HHP