It’s time for that dreaded question again…”what’s for dinner??”. If you’re as sick of that question as most of us are, then this recipe is for you! This zucchini squash pasta is so light and tasty. It makes for an easy summer dinner that you won’t be able to resist.
What makes this zucchini squash pasta so good
We love this zucchini squash pasta for so many reasons! This recipe is awesome because it tastes like you’re eating fettuccini alfredo without consuming ridiculous amounts of fats and carbs. Since this dish is mostly made up of veggies, we’ve replaced highly refined carbs with fiber and nutrition.
This dish is also packed full of protein. The combo of fiber, protein, healthy fats and complex carbs will keep you feeling satisfied for hours! Plus your body will thank you for filling up on a nutritious meal instead of processed foods.
Zucchini squash pasta recipe
Get ready to make your new favorite recipe! Since this recipe will keep in the fridge for about a week, you can easily make up a large batch to have on hand for easy meals.
- 16 oz baked Chicken Breast
- 3 Zucchini
- 2 Yellow Squash
- 4 T Pesto Sauce
- 2 T Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bake chicken at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, until thoroughly cooked through. You can do this ahead of time for easier preparation or buy pre-cooked breasts.
- Using a potato peeler, shave the zucchini and squash flesh. Do not shred past the core. This should leave you with a huge pile of “fettuccini” style squash shreds. You can also use a spiralizer.
- Coat a skillet with spray oil, add garlic, and let cook until crispy. Add the “fettuccini” to until soft and tender. This should only take a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer cooked “fettuccini” into a large bowl. Add pesto and mix. Plate, top with cooked chicken and parmesan and serve.
What is your favorite “fettuccini” recipe? Let us know in the comments below!
Teresa Marie Howes, BS, CPT, HHP